Iraq — Displacement Report 14 (February 2015)

Contact
DTM Iraq, IraqDTM@iom.int
Language
English
Location
Iraq
Period Covered
Jan 29 2015
Feb 12 2015
Activity
  • Mobility Tracking
  • Baseline Assessment

Summary

This report records a significant increase of 36,216 families (estimated 217,296 individuals) from the previous round. Of the newly identified populations, 58% (estimated 126,474 individuals) were displaced before 01 September. In addition to this, the remaining 42% were displaced during the six month period before September throughout various parts of the country. the main increases were monitored in Baghdad (54% or 117,690 individuals), Kirkuk (19% or 41,052 individuals), and Diyala (12% or 25,686 individuals). From the beginning of January 2014 through 12 February 2015, the DTM identified 2,472,444 internally displaced individuals, (412,074 families) dispersed across 2,744 distinct locations in Iraq. Considering available information and the DTM methodology, the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) revises the planning figures for the humanitarian response at 2.5 million internally displaced persons (IDPs).