I. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) has been IOM’s main operational tool for tracking and monitoring the movements and evolving needs of displaced populations since 2004. It has been systematically deployed in medium to large-scale humanitarian response operations in the last eight years, including in all Level 3 emergencies.
The Global DTM Support Team, based in headquarters (Geneva, Switzerland), assembles expertise in operations and coordination, methodology and concept development, mapping and Geographic Information Systems, statistical analysis, database and application system development, and data and information management. The support team has been critical in providing remote and onsite support to DTM field implementation. The team provides a full range of support from the initial development and setup to continuous support on operations, staff deployment, data management, mapping, database systems, and development of information products. At the global level, the team is also striving to enhance the DTM by working on a multitude of initiatives exploring further integration of innovative technologies, improving capacity building components, and designing more streamlined processes.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior DTM Coordination Officer and direct supervision of the DTM Web Development Officer, the incoming DTM Web Development Consultant will be pivotal in the development and maintenance of the DTM global web application platforms and information systems, such as the Global DTM website, and Data Dictionary interface design.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Design, develop, administer, and maintain the various components of DTM Online Portal and ancillary sites. The websites should comply with IOM overall branding guidelines and security guidelines, be functional under bandwidth constraints, compatible with all devices, integrate innovative and dynamic services.
- Manage the design, development and implementation of a scalable system for report indexing and full text searching capabilities on DTM websites and other application systems as needed.
- Design, develop, administer and maintain other web-based systems in support to DTM global and field implementation accordingly as the needs are identified.
- Support the design process and liaise with DTM support team members in headquarters and relevant DTM staff in the field to identify and design corresponding user interface requirements, workflows, and functionalities for systems described in previous points. As needed, create wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes to propose options for implementation.
- Continuously identify, suggest, develop, and implement enhancements and improvements to ensure the systems are up to date and making the best use of the latest technological improvements for better performance.
- Develop corresponding system and functional documentation and user manual for such systems as required, and provide relevant training to DTM and other relevant staff on the use, administration, and maintenance of the systems
- Provide advisory and technical support on-site or remotely to DTM field implementation in identification of relevant solutions and requirements to web-based application needs in the field.
- Ensure that the implementation of the information management systems and application adhere to IOM Data Protection Policy and Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Policies and Standards, including on system and data security.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
III. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
University Degree in Information Management, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience of content management systems mainly Drupal 9 or above is required
- Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, jQuery and AngularJS.
- Knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- Design skills and knowledge and attention to details are essential.
- Previous experience in web development for DTM field implementation
- Demonstrate the qualifications and proven experience in the graphic design and technical implementation of user interfaces in a web-based environment.
- Good Experience of content management systems mainly Drupal 9 or above
- Practical knowledge of frontend developing by utilizing Ajax
- Experience in using Acquia SiteFactory an advantage
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit updated CV and cover letter (in PDF format and only one file with your name and surname) to email@example.com adding Web Development Consultant Geneva in the subject line, no later than Friday 2nd December.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates with Drupal experience, will be contacted and incomplete applications will not be considered