Data analysis and Support Consultant (Ndjamena)
I. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in IOM Chad and the Emergency Program Coordinator and the direct supervision of the DTM Coordinator and in close coordination with the Regional Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting data analysis and data-related activities in Chad alongside the DTM coordinator.
The Data analysis and Support Officer will be working in a structured team that will include two other support positions: GIS assistant and Reporting officer which will be complementary in tasks. Though the Data analysis and Support Officer will be mainly expected to support data set-up and analysis, he/she will also be asked to support DTM reporting on certain products (dashboards and other visuals).
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure strong data set-up for all DTM activities in Chad, including but not limited to: flow monitoring points, mobility tracking exercises, household surveys, registrations and ad-hoc research activities. Data set-up includes:
- Develop mobile data collection forms using Kobo/ODK
- Ensure coherence of DTM forms with DTM standard through liaison with Regional Office
- Ensure compliance of DTM Chad to data protection and data collection standards
- If necessary set-up servers in DTM Chad
- Provide guidance and capacity building to enumerators and DTM colleagues with respect to DTM data systems and data collection tools
- Support DTM department on the analysis and production of DTM reports and all other publications related to DTM department, ensuring timely inputs from program and targeted dissemination
- Conduct thematic research as required and as related to migration topics, such as women and migration, remittances, migration and climate change.
- Travel regularly to field locations to provide technical support to heads of sub-offices and DTM staff. Organize appropriate capacity-building activities on topics related to DTM data.
- Share concise analytical reporting in regular intervals in the form of dashboards, mapping and narrative reports on general mobility trends as well as specific research.
- Contribute to project reporting and project development in coordination with the Emergency Coordinator.
- Facilitate and encourage the integration of gender and disability perspectives and attention to specific women/girl's and children’s rights issues (vulnerable groups) within all IDPs/returnee activities.
- Specifically support the mentoring and coaching of the data analysis team and prepare trainings and on-the-job mentoring on data analysis and contextual adaptation of the questionnaires.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Convinces others to share resources
- Actively identifies opportunities for and promotes organizational change
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Articulates vision to motivate colleagues and follows through with commitments
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Identifies ways for their staff to develop their abilities and careers
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
- Holds directly reporting managers accountable for providing fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Develops strategic vision for IOM within area of responsibility
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
- Builds stable strategic alliances with relevant parties
- Identifies sources of and secures funding from external stakeholders to meet IOM needs
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners
- Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Demography, International Relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience
IM/Quantitative data collection experience needed.
Expert use of Excel (analysis, cleaning, compilation maintenance, etc.)
SPSS and/or Stata an asset.
Report writing skills
Data visual experience (Excel, PowerBI, Powerpoint, Publisher, Abode, Tableau, etc.)
Knows setting and coding on Kobo and/or ODK
Good understand of basic statistics and data analysis
Has led training on data collection, Kobo, methodology, etc.
Fluency in French, working knowledge of English is required
Knowledge of a local languages is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit updated CV and cover letter (in PDF format and only one file with Candidate’s name and surname) to email@example.com adding Data analysis and Support Consultant (Ndjamena) in the subject line, no later than Friday 5th July.