Yemen - Rapid Displacement Tracking Report (01 Jan – 26 Oct 2019)
The ongoing conflict in Yemen, since March 2015, has led to the displacement of more than 3.6 million people (according to DTM's 2018 Area Assessment). DTM's Rapid Displacement Tracking tool collects and reports on numbers of households forced to flee on a daily basis, allowing for regular reporting of new displacements in terms of numbers, geography and needs.
From the beginning of the year until 26th October DTM estimates that 62,772 Households or 376,632 Individuals have experienced displacement, at least once.
Between 20th and 26th October, the highest number of displacements were seen in
· Al Dhale’e (299 HH) – Al Husha (130 HH), Ad Dhale'e (84 HH) and Qa'atabah (78 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate were internal.
· Al Hudaydah (169 HH) – Az Zuhrah (87 HH), Al Khawkhah (29 HH) and At Tuhayat (28 HH)districts. Most of displaced households were originated from Hajjah and Al Hudaydah.
· Taizz (114 HH) – In Salh (22 HH) , Jabal Habashy (14 HH) and Al Mudhaffar (14 HH) districts. Most of displaced households were originated from Aden, Taizz and Al Hudaydah.
· Ibb (100 HH) – In Al Dhihar (34 HH) and As Sabrah (12 HH) and districts. Mostly arriving from Al Dhale'e.
Most displacement resulted due to increased conflict in the following Governorates and districts.
· Al Dhale'e (368 HH) – Qa'atabah (317 HH), Ad Dhale'e (19 HH) and Al Husha (19 HH) districts
· Al Hudaydah (114 HH) – Bayt Al Faqiah (30 HH), At Tuhayat (28 HH) and Hays (18 HH) districts.
· Hajjah (95 HH) – Abs (88 HH) district.
· Taizz (73 HH) – Salh (20 HH) and Mawiyah (17 HH) districts.