Yemen — Weekly Situation Report (22—28 April 2018)

Contact
DTM Yemen, DTMYemen@iom.int
Language
English
Location
Yemen
Period Covered
Apr 22 2018 -
May 28 2018
Activity
  • Baseline Assessment
  • Flow Monitoring
  • Mobility Tracking

Summary

IOM is the co-lead of the Task Force on Population Movements (TFPM) and is responsible for tracking IDP and returnee movements across Yemen. IOM is currently continuing emergency tracking of IDPs displaced by the conflict across all southern Governorates, and looking to expand to Governorates in the north. Assessment of returnee Yemenis from Saudi Arabia are conducted on a daily basis at the Al-Wade’a crossing point in the Hadramout Governorate. In addition, 12,338 migrants were registered in Jan- March 2018, including 9,385 men, 1,360 women, 1,424 boys and 169 girls. In the course of its Flow Monitoring activities, the TFPM observed 7,428 migrants at 5 FMPs in March 2018, 100% of which arrived to Yemen by boat. The reason given by all of the identified individuals for migrating was economic migration of more than 6 months.  86% of identified migrants departed from Somalia, and 14% departed from Djibouti. 95% of migrants intended to go to Saudi Arabia. 90% of observed migrants were Ethiopian, while the remaining 10% were Somali. 

Give us your feedback

Image CAPTCHA