Yemen — Rapid Displacement Tracking Update (16 August - 22 August 2020)
DTM’s Rapid Displacement Tracking (RDT) tool collects and reports on numbers of households forced to flee on a daily basis, allowing for regular reporting of new displacements in terms of numbers, geography and needs. In the first seven months of 2020, conflict and natural disasters have resulted in new patterns of displacement, particularly in Marib, Al Hudaydah, Al Dhale'e, and Taizz governorates.
From 01 January 2020 - 22 Aug 2020, IOM Yemen DTM estimates that 20,126 Households or 120,756 Individuals have experienced displacement, at least once.
Between the 16th Aug 2020 and 22nd of Aug 2020, IOM Yemen DTM tracked 264 Households or 1,584 individuals displaced at least once, the highest number of displacements were seen in:
- Marib (214 HH) – Marib (127 HH), Marib City (63 HH), Sirwah (24 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate were internal.
- Al Hudaydah (28 HH) – Al Khawkhah (28 HH) district. Most displacements in the governorate were internal.
- Taizz (13 HH) – Mawza (6 HH), Mashra'a Wa Hadnan (4 HH) districts. Most displacements in the governorate were internal.
Most displacement resulted from increased conflict in the following Governorates and districts.
- Marib (214 HH) – Medghal (206 HH), Majzar (8 HH) districts.
- Al Hudaydah (29 HH) – Al Hawak (23 HH) district.
- Taizz (7 HH) – Maqbanah (5 HH), Mawza (1 HH), Al Ma'afer (1 HH) districts.