Iraq — Displacement Report 22 (June 2015)

Contact
DTM Iraq, IraqDTM@iom.int
Language
English
Location
Iraq
Period Covered
May 21 2015
Jun 04 2015
Activity
  • Mobility Tracking
  • Baseline Assessment

Summary

A total of newly 8,630 displaced families (51,780 individuals) were identified during the reporting period of 21 May through 4 June. The governorates experiencing the highest increase of IDPs are Baghdad (54% or 28,110 individuals), Anbar (31% or 16,236 individuals), and Erbil (25% or 13,170 individuals). These three governorates received most of the newly displaced IDPs from Ramadi after the resumption of clashes. Currently 67% (2,066,736 individuals) of identified IDPs are reported to be housed in private settings.3 Another 21% of the total displaced populations (638,778 individuals) are reportedly accommodated in critical shelter arrangements. As of 4 May, 30,064 IDP families (180,384 individuals) were reported to have permanently returned to their place of origin following improvement of the security situation. Since the beginning of hostilities on 8 April 2015, a total of 42,857 IDP families (257,142 individuals) are reported to have been displaced from the city of Ramadi and its outskirts. Of this population, 48% displaced in the period from 8 April to 15 May while the remaining 52% or 22,180 families (133,080 individuals) were displaced after 15 May when Ramadi city centre was entirely occupied AGs. From the start of January 2014 through 4 June 2015, the DTM identified 3,087,372 internally displaced individuals (514,562 families)1, dispersed across 102 districts and 3,312 distinct lo-cations in Iraq. Considering the available information and the DTM methodology, the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) revises the planning figures for the humanitarian response to 3.1 million internally displaced persons (IDPs).